Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Running a Daycare

In my quest to find a way to make a little extra money from home without having to leave my kids, I've decided to use my kid skills and open my own daycare. Well, actually I've been watching a little 4 year old since November, but have since added 2 more little girls to my fold. This is allowing me to spend time with my girls without the stress of packing everyone up and dropping them off at daycare. Besides, my kids love the company. The only thing I wish is that the two school systems would get it together to plan their Spring Breaks at the same time! When I figure it out, I'll post some pics of the kids playing. I don't plan on getting licenced or anything, and only watch "teacher's kids." So, as long as everyone knows that I'm a licence-not-required babysitting service, I just do this as long as it works for us.

There are several advantages:

1. I don't have to run around like a madwoman in the morning trying to get everyone out the door and fed.
2. I am caring for my own children.
3. I don't have to drive any where to work.
4. I can "write-off" business expenses such as new toys and a cleaning lady!
5. I had to get a new van to be able to transport everyone.
6. I am forced to maintain a routine.
7. I can go to work in my pyjamas.
8. Staff room coffee is not as good as my French Press!
9. Laundry gets done.
10. I have to vaccuum every day.

This little adventure has also included some "dog therapy." B came the first day, shaking and trembling, fearing every move our vicious "shih-tzu" made. You know, the usual tail wagging, belly rubbing, little jump and lick... Her mom was convinced that this arrangement wouldn't work. However, only 2 days in, she was petting our little Moxie with 2 hands! Hooray for little dogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment