Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Jingle Bells" Two year old style.



I thought you might get a kick out of Elyse singing Jingle bells. This was the first thing she did Monday morning and has been singing it at the top of her lungs whenever it seems too quiet around the house. She is definitely making her presence known in our home. A year ago, she was a quiet, meek, sweet little person who didn't say much and just hugged me or smiled. Now, she's a whirlwind! Along with her friend Lucas, they have become little "homewreckers". They took apart an entire Christmas centerpiece today-- there were rocks and candles all over. I stepped out of the room to get something out of the freezer and when I returned... chaos. You have to recognize that these little people are FAST! I guess it's been a while since I've had a 2 year old, so I've forgotten what it's like. And, she brings us such joy, with her silly pronunciations and crazy "jokes" (knock, knock... who's there?... diaper. Diaper who? Pfffft...). Someone must have laughed once, so now it's funny all the time. She's looking forward to her concert in daycare next week. And, I am, too. I'm sure it will be a whole bunch of kids waving and laughing at their own jokes. There is such delight in jingle bells.

I'm looking forward to the day when she's potty trained, and I can understand what she's saying, but I also relish this time of "needing".

No comments:

Post a Comment