
Most of the photos I have of my birthday involve one cake with a pile of candles shared by me and my dad. I don't think I ever had my "own" cake! Now, I see myself repeating this in my own family. Both Elyse and Mike have May birthdays. Not only that, they usually fall in the same week as Mother's Day. So, this year the question was: "are you doing anything for their birthday?" Usually I throw this big party, but just didn't feel like I was up to it this year. ( I find that working out of the house is more taxing (and more rewarding) than ever. I gotta be honest here.... this just crept up on me this year!) I found myself calling family and friends on my way home from work to share in Elyse's birthday. After a snack of sugary cupcakes and balloon madness, I realize and recognize that these are moments to celebrate rather than worry about whether the house is clean enough or if the cupcakes have enough sprinkles.

So, did the kids have a good time?? I hope so!! This one sure did!!

(she's singing Happy Birthday to herself, here)
And 4 days later... we repeated the whole celebration! Look, there is no shame in an ice cream cake! Just pure goodness-- and he gets his own!!

But, he had to share it with the rest of us!!!

Oh, and then he spent the rest of the night playing with his new birthday gift... a PS3. He's been waiting for 3 years for this day. I found out that it "only does everything", but I'm not sure what that means quite yet...
Right-- it was Mother's day that week, too... Never a dull moment around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment