Monday, June 21, 2010

There is such thing as a free lunch!

I'm all about the "Free". If I can find free family fun... even better. So, guess what I did on Saturday? I tried to find all the free things I could. I had some motivation to get out of the house because Mike was re-arranging the garage (building shelves, moving stuff around). So, away we went.

But, I forgot my camera. So, just imagine what it was like with me, a van full of kids, and a sunny day...

My friend Leenora and her Auguston peeps sponsored the movie Toy Story 3 at the theatre. So, we started there. It was E's first movie and it was in 3D, so she just sat there watching with her little glasses on like a pro. It was a fun story, but got a little intense when the Toys started to meet their demise in the garbage dump. At that point, E got a little worried, climbed on my lap, and fell asleep. It was an interesting coping strategy, but one I remember from Psych. textbooks. So, she missed the end of the movie when all started to be ok. The Toys all live happily ever after (spoiler alert!).

Moving on... we found the Optimist Family Festival at the museum. Bouncy castles, entertainment, face painting, airbrush tatoos, balloons, prizes, free hot dogs... and one, Mr. Flowers-- the balloon guy. The line looked short. But, we waited a long time for a balloon twisted into a bunny, a crazy hat, and a flower. I think he needed an apprentice balloon-tier-- and a new wig. By the end of all this, I had a killer headache and 8 kids at the playground. That was free, too.

We headed home. Kids were pooped out. Mom had a headache. Snacks. A little trampoline action. A fun Saturday.

Oh, and the shelves in the garage look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment